About Me

My photo
United States
WRITER. ARTIST. THINKER. INVOLUNTARY RECLUSE. I work under my own name, Marque Terrynamahr Strickland, or my pen name, Wrinklegus PoisonTongue. I absolutely ADORE artistically brilliant people. I surround myself with them, as it is with them that I feel most comfortable. I owe everything to artistic people, for without you, I would be nothing. Be you a writer, painter, actor, musician, architect, or whatever, I thrive upon your efforts. You are the air I breath. My solace. My stronghold. My safety net. My sanity. My reason for living. I love you all. Childish. Creative. High maintenance. Sensitive. Insensitive. Insecure. Quick tempered. Loving. Loyal. Lustful. Incredibly horny (especially after 3 decades of involuntary celibacy). Mischievous. Bombastic. Slightly domineering, yet fair and easy to please. Talented to no end. Know-it-all. Chaste. Afraid of germs. Healthy. Insightful. Artist. Born on St. Patrick's Day, I am a PISCES with VIRGO rising, two signs of opposition, which complete me. By the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a DRAGON with ROOSTER rising. —The ‘f-bomb’ is my favourite swear word.

Marque Terrynamahr Strickland's Twitter

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Ghost Writer" :)


I was just sitting here reminiscing on my 'ghost writing' days. In my early years, I may have been the closet-nerd, but I was the one who had the words girls wanted to hear. So I always had these dudes come to me to write poems to their girlfriends or girls that they were crushing on. I remember this one girl, jumping up and down in the back of the classroom, reading something I'd written. LOL. I guess she liked that guy.

...but I've always wondered what happened after the girls realized that there was no way in hell those guys could have written those letters to them. The thought amuses me. I bet those dudes were in serious trouble!

I put my skills to use quite a few times in college as well. My boy Fernando used to be in love with this girl, Jessica...but let me shut up, because that's a LONG story!

No comments:

My Loyal, Wandering Souls