About Me

My photo
United States
WRITER. ARTIST. THINKER. INVOLUNTARY RECLUSE. I work under my own name, Marque Terrynamahr Strickland, or my pen name, Wrinklegus PoisonTongue. I absolutely ADORE artistically brilliant people. I surround myself with them, as it is with them that I feel most comfortable. I owe everything to artistic people, for without you, I would be nothing. Be you a writer, painter, actor, musician, architect, or whatever, I thrive upon your efforts. You are the air I breath. My solace. My stronghold. My safety net. My sanity. My reason for living. I love you all. Childish. Creative. High maintenance. Sensitive. Insensitive. Insecure. Quick tempered. Loving. Loyal. Lustful. Incredibly horny (especially after 3 decades of involuntary celibacy). Mischievous. Bombastic. Slightly domineering, yet fair and easy to please. Talented to no end. Know-it-all. Chaste. Afraid of germs. Healthy. Insightful. Artist. Born on St. Patrick's Day, I am a PISCES with VIRGO rising, two signs of opposition, which complete me. By the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a DRAGON with ROOSTER rising. —The ‘f-bomb’ is my favourite swear word.

Marque Terrynamahr Strickland's Twitter

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is Zoe Saldana to Blame? (Or is it just me?)


(Plain text for those who don't like reading words embedded in images.)
IS ZOE SALDANA TO BLAME? (OR IS IT JUST ME?)

Avatar ...I've seen it twice in under 24 hours, and I'm pretty much speechless. It's made me do a lot of thinking about my character, and I'm beginning to wonder whether or not something is wrong with me.
How is it that I'm completely smitten with a fictitious, computer generated creature?

Zoe Saldana plays a character, named Neytiri, who I am absolutely head-over-heels for! I kid you not...this particular creation is the computer generated equivalent of the type of woman that I would consider perfect. She's honest, direct, spiritual, and incredibly sensitive...yet tough and warlike all at once. PERFECT.
Perhaps my ridiculous infatuation with a fictional non-human can shed some light on why I'm so very picky and I avoid 'normal' women like the plague. They just cannot hold my interest. For me, there has to be something unique about a woman, be she a foreigner, an artist, some type of teacher, or a combination thereof. I can't really put my finger on what it is that I need, but she absolutely positively CANNOT look at the world just like the average human being does.

Just recently, I spent several evenings with one of the most magnificent beauties I've ever met. ('Several,' because I was trying to give her a chance and not be such an elitist, holier-than-thou, know-it-all, artistic-genius prick! I fucking HATE that side of me, but it's there, nonetheless...it makes no sense for me to pretend like I don't know myself.) She latched on to me rather quickly, and if I was a jerk, I could have completely taken advantage of her. But I couldn't. Not only do I have no wish to disobey my moral compass and mess up my Karma, but there was something else as well...I wasn't even mildly attracted to her! Seriously, that was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, because I'm usually really, really into beauty. But, with her, I felt nothing...except a mild irritation with the bluntness of her mind. Do you know this girl asked me to tone down my vocabulary? LITERALLY! My words were just too big for her! (And keep in mind that we were just talking when she asked me this...I do not speak as I write, and even when I write, I rely on simplicity.) Alas, I guess it takes more than a face to hold my interest!
It wasn't just the fact that she was (I hate to use this word, but-) DUMB...it was her personality and outlook on life. She couldn't see past an hour in front of her. I don't want someone, who cannot 'see beneath the veneer.' Women who observe the world with a veil over their eyes will have no place in my life.
It's funny that a devastating human beauty, like the one I was just seeing, could completely bore me, but this DIGITAL, BLUE ALIEN (an alien with a tail of all things!) had me in the theater salivating!


Most will probably dismiss this as nonsense, thinking that I'm merely smitten by Zoe Saldana's beauty, as her facial features are slightly noticeable underneath all the computer generation. But I really don't think that's the case, guys. Look at it like this...a few of you have read early versions of my stories, and the vast majority of you have seen the things that I draw and paint. So how can we blame my condition on Zoe Saldana?! The truth of the matter is that I'm probably just weird enough to fall in love with a blue humanoid creature!
THAT IS SO ME! I promise you all, if aliens ever visit our world, and their women look and act like Neytiri, you can bet all your money that I will be the first one walking down the street, holding hands with one of them...tail and all!

© Marque Terrynamahr Strickland/18th December, 2009

No comments:

My Loyal, Wandering Souls